Duration: 30 minutes
Ingredients for 20 biscuits
100g sweet potato, cooked and mashed
250g wholemeal flour
1 (hard) apple
2 sprigs of mint
1 bunch of parsley
Did you know…
...mint and parsley are good for bad breath?
Baking tray + baking sheet
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/ gas mark 4, and line a tray with baking paper.
- Mix the mashed sweet potato with the egg.
- Gradually add the wholemeal flour and mix until well absorbed and the batter is no longer sticky.
- Peel, core and grate the apple.
- Drain the grated apple to remove the juice.
- Finely chop the mint and parsley.
- Mix the apple, mint and parsley into the batter.
- Knead the dough until it comes together into a whole.
- Roll out the dough onto a flat surface, to about 0.5 cm thick.
- Use your favourite cookie cutters to shape the biscuits.
- Place the biscuits on the tray and cook for 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool down completely before giving them to your dog.
Take two biscuits and arrange them on a plate with some wet food between them. This will make the biscuits even more of a delicious, festive treat for your dog. Our favourites to accompany this recipe are: Lamb & Beef and Salmon & Trout.
And there we go: Christmas is now a festive feast for everyone!
Ps: these cookies contain a lot of carbs. So be sure to not give your dog too much on one day. Spread them over the holidays.